Dr. Delores Dacosta
Dr. Delores Dacosta is a native of Awendaw, SC. She has more than 35 years in public service which includes 20 years of experience in federal policies and regulations. Dacosta was Chief of Staff to former Congressman Henry Brown, Jr. and Regional Director to U.S. Senator Tim Scott.
She has a Doctorate in Strategic Leadership from the School of Business and Leadership at Regent University where she mastered core competencies in strategic management and leadership. She has expertise in policy development, strategic planning, performance management, organizational structure and design, human capital management and Cultural Competency training. She also holds a Master of Public Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice.
Dacosta has served on several committees including the AccelerateSC’s COVID-19 Prevention Taskforce, the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control’s Vaccine Distribution Taskforce and the SC CARES Act Small & Minority Business Grant Distribution panel.
Awards and Certifications
- Recipient of the Women in Philanthropy and Leadership award from Coastal Carolina University, Conway, S.C., (2016)
- Recipient of the Small Business Advocacy Award from the Minority Business Development Agency, Columbia, S.C. (2017)
- Certified Trainer for Dr. Ruby Payne’s “Bridges Out of Poverty Process” (2019)
- Certified Facilitator in the “Getting Ahead in a Just-Getting’-By World” process (2019)
- Certified as a NxLevel Business Trainer (2020)
- Cornell University Diversity and Inclusion Certificate (2021)