In order to fulfill the Mission of the South Carolina Commission for Minority Affairs and increase prosperity in the African American community, the African American Advisory Committee encourages public-private partnerships that support both long-term social and economic success for all African Americans. With this goal in mind, the CMA has identified the following focus areas for agency initiatives.
- Rebuilding Strong Families
- Health Status and Care
- Criminal Justice
- Community/Economic Development
- Jobs -Unemployment/Underemployment
- Income and Wealth Creation
- Minority Business/Venture Capital