For assistance in obtaining statistical data, publications and related information in the area of Research Services.
The SC Commission for Minority Affairs’ Research Services exists to provide critical data and information for decision-making purposes. Research Services seeks to assists the general public, public officials, private sector, non-profit, and faith-based organizations with statistical data and analysis.
The goal of Research Services is to both create and maintain a comprehensive database of statistics regarding each of the minority populations in which the Commission serves. In addition, the research staff is involved in conducting simple to complex research, public policy analysis, information dissemination and the development of publications which accurately reflect the current status of the minority populations in South Carolina.
The research conducted by the staff of the South Carolina Commission for Minority Affairs will provide ongoing statistical data, public policy analysis, and survey based research. The research and related findings involve the following:
- To study the causes and effects of the socioeconomic poverty and deprivation facing minorities;
- To provide statistical data and policy recommendations to state agencies and public officials to implement initiatives to alleviate such deprivation;
- To establish and maintain a database of statistical information for distribution to members of the General Assembly and other entities capable of effecting change;
- To serve as the State’s clearinghouse for minority statistical information and to publish a Statewide statistical abstract on minority affairs;
- To provide communities with a single point of contact to obtain raw data and information necessary for local research and planning;
- To develop and make available on an as-needed basis specialized statistical publications, raw data, analysis and findings in cooperation with state agencies, public officials, and the general public